Thursday 7 May 2015

Copic Multiliner SP pens



Today I got a very exciting delivery that I've been waiting on from Cult Pens.  I really recommend them for buying pens as they have such a huge range of brands and also sell pencils and notebooks too. Their delivery time is really fast as well and they always include a little bag of Haribo and a sample product (this time a stylus pencil end). They are pretty invaluable to me as there aren't any decent art shops near me and there has never been one that sells a good range of pens. Thank you Cult Pens!

This order was for my favourite, the Copic Multiliner SP in size 0.03. I have used these pens for many, many years and as soon as I found them I fell in love.  I had always struggled to find a pen with a nib small enough for the sort of detail I like to draw in. Then I found these lovelies in a size 0.03mm. The nibs are incredibly slim, as you can see in the photo below, and the detail they give is brilliant. The 0.05 size is also lovely to use, as are the larger sizes but my favourite is certainly the 0.03 for what I do. The Multiliner pens are refillable and I got ten ink cartridges which will last me for a while. I also got five packs of spare nibs which have two nibs in each pack. The cartridges and nibs last for a good amount of time each, even if you draw a lot. 


Below you can see an example of the sort of detail you can get from the 0.03 Multiliner pen. I love the tiny marks and lines you can make with it. When I first started using it I was drawing a lot of building type drawings like this one below.  The old buildings I drew were covered in cracks, marks and grime and the detail the pen could give was perfect for this.  All my work now is drawn with these pens and I couldn't recommend them enough.  I have tried many different types of other pens but their nib sizes have just been too big and they haven't given the same quality. So if you're looking for a really nice pen, try these out and prepare to fall in love!



No comments:

Post a Comment